Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
BHM or Bachelor of Hotel Management is an eight semester long undergraduate programme designed to train students to become working professionals in the hospitality industry. SMC incorporated BHM as one of its courses from 2076. Although new, SMC has a highly dedicated team to meet the growing demands of students and the industry. SMC has well managed and excellent labs which are of utmost importance for BHM undergraduates. Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) at SMC aims to produce professional human resource to meet the need of ever growing hospitality industry nationally and globally. BHM at SMC helps students in their personality development as well as teach them about discipline and control.
With a dedicated staff force and tremendous support from the Tribhuvan University, SMC plans to achieve its goal of producing an exceptional workforce for hospitality industry.
- Well equipped labs for practicals.
- Advanced teaching methods and tools.
- Less tuition fees than most colleges.
- Experienced and skilled teaching faculty.
- Personalized and caring environment.
- Dedicated and qualified college faculty.
- Internships at different destinations. Eligibility for Admission.
The candidates applying for admission to the BHM program must have :
- Successfully completed 10+2 or equivalent examina- tion in any academic steam with minimum of 45 percent aggregate marks from a Higher Secondary Board or any other board recognized by Tribhuvan University
- Fluency of English language is a must so students must have English as a compulsory subject in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
Admission Procedure :
Students applying for admission to BHM course should apply in the prescribed form for entrance test within the given time. The applicants should enclose with the application form, attach copies of
- Certificate of all examinations passed.
- Equivalency, transfer and character certificates
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Must have secure 40% marks in CMAT exam
Admission Test :
The students applying for BHM course are required to sit for an admission test designed to evaluate their abilities and aptitude for the course. The tests will be conducted in the following areas :
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
These tests will be conducted after CMAT results so if are planning to apply please contact the college for tests date.
After completion of eight semesters (four years), students must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for a BHM degree.
- Successful completion of 126 credit hours of 2100 marks with passing grades in each of them
- Successful completion of Industrial Release Program and Project Work.
- Completion of courses for the fulfillment of BHM program must occur within twelve semesters from the date of admission.
It is mandatory for all BHM students to have industry expo- sure for the completion of their studies. The sixth and seventh semester is hence dedicated for this. Students need to complete a total of 12 months of internship. For now, we have planned for our students to complete their internships in different hotels in China, Malaysia and Nepal. We are currently working to find better destinations for our students where they might quench their thirst for knowledge and also have a safe and good time.
|Kitchen Chef||They basically prepare food for hotels or establishments diners. Their role is to plan the dining menu, man- age the kitchen, line cooks and managing other things.
|Front Desk Manager||Front Desk Manager makes sure that the establishment has maximum occupancy. They also oversees employees’ performances and makes decisions that are in line with policies of the organization.
|Accounting Manager||The Account Managers role is to keep a look at the accounting transactions of the firm and find out any discrepancies.
|Executive Housekeepers||The role of executive housekeepers is to perform the short and long term planning and management of the hotel’s operations and ensuring quality stay for guests.
|Catering Officer||They are responsible for the day-to-day running of food services in the firm ensuring the quality of food and services.
|Cabin Crew||Their role is to assure the comfort and safety of air passengers.